If you worked in any of these countries, you could be due a Tax Refund

Worked in the US? Claim your tax back!

#TaxTipsUSA #TravelTipsUSA

Everyone working in the US has a number of taxes deducted from their earnings every time they get paid. While working in America you will have paid up to four different types of tax on your earnings:

  • Federal Tax
  • State Tax
  • Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) Tax
  • Local Tax

Most people who work temporarily in the United States, for example on a J1 Visa, end up overpaying these taxes because they have more than one job or they only work for a few months in America.

The good news is you can get a refund of this overpaid tax. However, US tax returns can be very complicated.

Please be aware of companies that promise to speed up your tax refund by electronically filing (e-filing) your US tax return. Using e-filing is illegal for any US non-residents including J1 Visa students and you could face difficulties with future visa applications to the US if your tax return is not filed correctly.

When choosing a tax return company, we recommend that you select companies which:

  • Have a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the United States
  • Can guarantee that your tax refund will be 100% legal and safe
  • Can ensure your US tax return will be 100% compliant with US tax law.
  • Provide a US tax return service in your language (E.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, …)

About Taxback.com

Taxback.com organises tax refunds for non-residents who work in the US. We specialise in IRS tax refunds for J1 Exchange, F1 Student, H Visa, P Visa, O Visa, L Visa and E visa holders. We have more than 13 years experience in international tax refunds and our 600 staff file more than 130,000 tax returns every year.