Aktualizace COVID-19: Náš tým je tady pro Vás i nadále 24/7. #StayHome #StaySafe
We provide a Global Mobility Service that makes International Business easy for your organisation
A multinational company needed a comprehensive solution for a new business assignment. Glanbia, a nutrition company, was sending a group of employees from Ireland and the UK to the US for 6-9 months.
- Employer and Employee Tax and Social Security issues arising from the relocation.
- Maintain employees in their home country employment for the duration of the project.
- Protect employees from any additional taxes and charges which would arise as a result of the assignment.
- Remain compliant in both jurisdictions.
Immedis helped the organisation to introduce a Tax Equalisation policy, based on their above needs. As part of the process, we performed the following services:
- Net to Gross and Gross to Net calculations – for cost projection purposes.
- Tax briefings – these were information sessions regarding advice on Income Tax, Payroll and Social Security implications of the assignment.
- US Tax Registration advice
- Tax Returns – preparation and reconciliation
- Certificates of Coverage – from Irish and UK authorities. These allow the employee to remain in their home country’s social security system meaning their contributions are unaffected.
- Reconciliation calculations these were part of the Tax Equalisation policy at the end of the year.
- Tax Refunds – arrange the relevant transfers
Get in touch
The result was that the organisation could enjoy success in the US without having to worry about being compliant, as Immedis catered for all of their needs.